- I am itching to put up Christmas decorations – it will happen in November because life is too short to only enjoy Christmas decorations for less than 30 days. I think it will happen next week. Is it too soon? Who cares! Besides, psychological studies have found that people who put up Christmas decorations early are happier. I am currently working on a Dollar Tree Christmas post because who doesn’t love decorating on a budget?
- I am about 15 pounds heavier than the weight I feel my best. I’m sure some of the weight gain is hormones (hello mid-30s!) and some of it is due to lazy eating habits. I’m debating whether chronicling my failures and successes in my quest to feel better on this blog. Like – what exactly does it mean to be keto? I have so many health-conscious friends that it’d be fun to interview them and discuss their journey and what works best for them. I need to do something though – I feel like my skin and muscles are screaming for help! Or carbs.
- Now that we are likely staying here until 2020, I’ve been nesting and really trying to make this rental house more efficient for our lifestyle and embrace the idea of a true hygge home, despite the lack of a fireplace (sigh…). Again – I am not sure if I want to blog about this process or not. I really enjoyed writing my rent-friendly design posts way back when (any longtime readers remember?) but it fell to the wayside when we purchased our second home in Oklahoma. Seeing as how we are accidental landlords with no desire to purchase another home anytime soon, it may be fun to dive back into the world of ‘how to turn a rental house into a home‘.
- I have an idea for a children’s book that a simple Google search tells me doesn’t currently exist in the market. I think I am going to write it! Worse case scenario – I have a book that I can give to family and friends.
- I am currently working on a piece about all of the school-related problems military families face on a daily basis. While the topic has been discussed many times, I feel like a comprehensive view is lacking on the topic – most articles just scratch the surface or only cover one particular issue. I’ve been gathering information and I am ready to work on a draft this week. I hope I am able to give the topic the justice it deserves.