Over the years, there’ve been innovations that I’ve prematurely deemed unnecessary – Instagram falls into this category. It took me a few years to warm up to place where pictures (and captions) are shared instantly but I can say now with confidence that it is my favorite social media platform. Below are some of my favorite Instagram accounts to follow. It is not an exhaustive list by any means and I have a bunch of family and friends near and far that I enjoy keeping up with on Instagram that are not included. But the following accounts are always sure to put a smile on my face and help inspire me and brighten my day.
- Rick Steves’ Europe – Did you managed to read the New York Times article last week about how Rick Steves wants to save the world, one vacation at a time? Clay and I not only expose our children to as much of the United States as we can, but we also want to ensure that they leave our nest comfortable with international travel and an appreciation for cultures other than our own. Rick Steves believes that even the most tiny exposure to the outside world can change one’s life. The man is not wrong.
- National Geographic Travel – The opportunity to see the world through the lens of National Geographic photographers is currently one of the best things about the internet.
- Planet Earth – Perhaps the most gorgeous account in my feed. Our planet really is amazing and these pictures showcase the breathtaking beauty that can be found in every corner of the world.
- Grombre – There is something so empowering about owning the aging process and celebrating the beauty of grey hair. My hair is starting to grey slightly – it currently is camouflaged by my highlights but I’ve been pondering when I’d like to give in the gray, so to speak.
- Diane Keaton – Her Instagram account is everything that you’d like an Instagram account by Diane Keaton to be. I think I want to be her when I’m older – complete with a turtleneck-only wardrobe to hide my chicken neck.
- Celeste Barber – I know that I am not alone in my love for Celeste Barber. She likes to poke fun at the ridiculousness of the beauty and modeling industry. My absolute favorite post of hers thus far is this one. And because of it, I’m known to sing Fruit Salad while dancing in my underwear.
- Tom Hanks – His lone glove series gives me life.
- Catalog Living – This account, created by Molly Erdman, provides a glimpse inside the lives of the people living in home furnishing catalogs with humorous results.
- Nick Offerman – He is living his best life with Megan Mullally and I’m here for it.
- Donte Colley – He dances. He motivates. He sends messages of optimism and positivity. What’s not to love?
- Kait Hanson – She is a travel writer and pursing her dream – one trip at a time. Based in Hawaii, Kait’s feed is filled with pictures that showcase her photography skills and eye for color.
- Tiny Living – While Clay and I don’t necessarily want to live in a tiny house full time, we dream of having a tiny vacation home somewhere in the world. This feed only fuels our desire.
Well, there you have it – some of my favorite Instagram accounts to follow. What are some of yours?